Terms and conditions
- Linkt is a service operated in Brisbane by Queensland Motorways Management Pty Ltd (ABN 86 010 630 921) (Linkt).
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- The promoter is Queensland Motorways Management Pty Ltd (ABN 86 010 630 921) of 7 Brandl St, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113, telephone number 07 3323 000 (the Promoter).
Entry is open to all Queensland residents aged 18 years and over who have:
- a prepaid Linkt Tag or Tagless account (Linkt Prepaid Account);
- been proactively contacted by Linkt via an email regarding this competition;
- persons who are the primary contact listed on the Linkt Prepaid Account, regardless of whether it is the primary contact who has actually made the Trip (as defined below) for the purposes of entry (as set out below); and
- opted in to receive marketing communications from the Promotor.
The following persons are ineligible to participate:
- any Linkt Commercial account holders or any Road Pass holders, including any person using the LinktGO app to pay for their travel;
- any Linkt customers attached to accounts where the primary contact listed on the Linkt Prepaid Account has not received an email directly from the Promotor (ie. The secondary contact or any other persons associated with the Linkt Prepaid Account);
- any other Linkt customers who have not received an email directly from the Promotor about this competition;
- directors, management and employees (and their respective Immediate Families) of the Promoter; and
- retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Promoter who are associated with this Promotion, and their directors, management and employees (and their respective Immediate Families). Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Promotion commences on 24 June 2019 at 12:00PM AEST, and concludes on 7 July 2019 at 11:59:59pm AEST (Promotion Period).
To enter, an eligible person must, during the Promotion Period:
- travelled, during the Promotion Period, on the Gateway Motorway and are successfully registered to have passed through either the Murarrie and/or the Kuraby toll points (Toll Points) according to the records of the Promotor, and
- be found to have successfully paid for the relevant trip that included driving through either of the relevant Toll Points (Trip) via his or her Linkt Prepaid Account according to the records of the Promotor.
- An eligible customer can have multiple entries. Travel under one of the Toll Points equals one entry.
- An entry must be received by the Promoter by the end of the Promotion Period or it will not be accepted. Entries are deemed to be received at the time the payment for the Trip is successfully made according to the system of the Promoter, not at the time when the Trip is made by the entrant.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, the Promotor’s website or the Linkt Mobile App. Any costs associated with accessing the Internet, downloading data on a mobile device, or using any device to access and use the Promotor’s website or the Linkt Mobile App is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
Prizes and draw
- There is a maximum of one (1) prize (Prize) to be won during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize is a digital toll credit for use of the services of the Promotor valued at $2,500 AUD, which will be delivered to the winner in accordance with paragraph 21. The total Prize pool is $2,500 AUD.
- A draw will take place at 2pm AEST on 10 July 2019 (the Draw Date) at the Head Office of the Transurban Group, located at Level 31, Tower 5, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
- On the Draw Date, the winner will be randomly drawn by an electronic draw process from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The first valid entry drawn will win the Prize.
- Limit applies of one Prize per Linkt Prepaid account. Persons who register multiple Linkt Prepaid accounts using multiple addresses or aliases may be disqualified. The Prize applies only once to each Linkt Prepaid Account, even if two or more persons share that account.
- The winner will be notified by email via the email address registered on his or her Linkt Prepaid Account, or if no email is registered, via the telephone number registered on the Linkt Prepaid account of the winner, on or before 16 July 2019. The Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 10 working days of being notified that he or she is a winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
- Where the winner selected has claimed the Prize in accordance with paragraph 13, that Prize winner’s name will be published at https://www.linkt.com.au/brisbane/legal/promotions/gun-travel-promotion on or before 31 July 2019, and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the Prize winners.
- In the event that a Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted on or before 11:59:59pm AEST on 1 August 2019, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or a Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 13 above, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter will conduct a second chance draw on 1 August 2019 (the Second Chance Draw Date), at the same time and location as the first draw, in order to determine a second chance winner for the Prize in the same manner as the original Prize draw (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- The second chance winner will be notified by email via the email address registered on his or her Linkt Prepaid Account, or if no email is registered, via the telephone number registered on the account, on or before 7 August 2019. The second chance Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 10 working days of being notified that he or she is a second chance winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
- Where the second chance winner selected has claimed the Prize in accordance with paragraph 17, the second chance Prize winners' names will be published at https://www.linkt.com.au/brisbane/legal/promotions/gun-travel-promotion on or before 22 August 2019, and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the second chance Prize winners.
- In the event that a second chance Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by 11:59:59pm AEST on 22 August 2019 despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or the Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the second chance winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the second chance winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 17 above, the second chance winner or the second chance winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- The Prize will be delivered by placing a direct toll credit to the winner's Linkt Prepaid Account within 8 working days of his or her acceptance of the Prize. If the winner closes his or her Linkt Prepaid Account or ceases to meet the entry requirements set out in paragraph 4 above after entering the Promotion and before the Prize is credited, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner. No cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize in whole or in part. Any portion of the Prize that is delivered to the winner’s Linkt Prepaid Account and which has not been used by a winner by the time a winner closes his or her Linkt Prepaid Account will also be forfeited by the winner and any forfeited part of the Prize will not be redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize, or an element of that Prize, another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (in its sole and absolute discretion).
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
- any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications; or
- any Internet traffic congestion or problems with, or technical malfunction of, any hardware or software, including but not limited to any damage to the hardware or software of any entrant or other persons related to participation in the Promotion.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of the Promotion, or prevent the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner;
- participation in the Promotion or any component of the Prize by an entrant or a winner;
- the conduct, act or omission of any service provider or prize supplier associated with the Promotion; or
- cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from any entrant or winner relevant to entry into or participation in the Promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the Promotion.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome. Entrants also consent to the publication of their names in accordance with paragraphs 14 and 18 above, in the event they are the winner of a Prize.
- The agreement which comes into force under these Terms and Conditions is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in Queensland, and the Promoter and any consumer who participates in the Promotion submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, and the performance or subject matter of the promotion.
As stated in point 14 above, the name of the competition winner is: Jerzy Sarolis – Announced 11 July 2019