Toll relief - free or half-price registration
For Toll expenditure between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022, you can claim free or half-price registration, in addition to the toll rebate. It's available until 30 June 2023 if you meet the eligibility requirements.
What you can claim
Owners of privately registered vehicles (car, ute, 4WD, or motorcycle) can receive:
- Free 12-month vehicle registration if you've spent $1,462 or more on tolls in the previous financial year; or
- Half-price 12-month registration if you've spent $877 or more during the previous financial year
Toll Relief is calculated on what has been spent on all eligible vehicles that are linked to one personal toll account.
Eligibility for toll relief
You must be a NSW resident and have:
- An active Linkt Tag or Tagless account (Sydney Pass, LinktGO, and Commercial account customers are not eligible to claim Toll Relief)
- Your contact and vehicle details are up to date in your Linkt account
- Your MyServiceNSW and Linkt accounts linked
Note: You can check how close you are to qualifying for reduced registration by visiting your MyServiceNSW Account dashboard, and selecting 'Toll Relief' in the 'Services' panel.
The Toll Relief scheme does not include tolls paid:
- On vehicles registered for any use other than private
- On the M5 South-West for drivers opted into the M5 South-West Cashback Scheme
- On heavy vehicles
How to claim
- Go to renew your rego on the ServiceNSW website
- Enter the billing number on the renewal notice
- Your registration relief amount will be displayed automatically (once your MyServiceNSW and Linkt accounts are linked)
- Below your vehicle details select ‘yes’ to apply the registration discount
- Review registration renewal details and submit
If you'd like to follow a step-by-step guide, view the video below: