What is phishing?
Phishing is a type of online scam where criminals send an email or SMS that appears to be from a legitimate company. It will ask you to provide sensitive information.
This is done by including a link that claims to take you to the company's website. The website is often a clever fake and if information is provided, it will go straight to the criminals behind the phishing attack.
Be aware that Linkt will never:
- send an email or SMS asking for your personal or financial information, such as your password or credit card details
- send an email or SMS to reconfirm your mailing address by asking you to click on a link
Signs of a phishing scam
- Sender's email address or phone number doesn't match your service provider
- Your email address or phone number is different to the one on your account
- The brand or logo is slightly different to your normal service provider
- A link may seem legitimate, but it takes you to a suspicious-looking site, where the branding and design look a bit off
- The message asks you to share personal information such as credit card details
What you can do
If you receive an email containing a link to log into your Linkt account and you don’t feel comfortable clicking on it, simply log into your Linkt account by visiting the Linkt homepage and then logging in as you normally would. Check that your account details are up to date and make sure that your account is working as expected.