If you received a toll invoice but you weren’t driving
If you received a toll invoice and you didn’t travel on a toll road, it might be because:
- You recently sold your vehicle
- Someone else was driving your vehicle
- Your vehicle or licence plates were stolen
If your vehicle or licence plates were stolen, you can submit a toll invoice enquiry online. Make sure to attach a copy of the police report, and we'll be in touch if we need more information from you.
If someone else was driving, you can transfer the invoice to that person. This is called a toll invoice nomination and can only be done twice per invoice.
Transfer the whole invoice to someone else
When you nominate another person for your toll invoice, the person you nominate will be sent a new invoice and become responsible for paying it. You'll need the full invoice number as well as the details of the person you want to transfer it to.
- Search for the invoice by toll invoice number and select 'Nominate another driver'
- Make sure the invoice details are correct and select 'Continue'
- Enter your details, select the reason for the transfer and select 'Individual' or 'Business'
- Select 'Continue'
- Enter the details of the person you're nominating and select 'Continue'
(make sure to check the Terms and Conditions box)
- Confirm the details you've entered are correct and select 'Nominate now'
- Print or email the receipt of your intended transfer
Please note, the other person will have to accept the transfer before it can be completed.
Transfer part of the invoice to someone else
If there are multiple trips on your toll invoice and you were driving for some of them but not all of them, you can nominate the driver of the trips that weren't yours by submitting a toll invoice nomination statement form. Alternatively, contact our customer care team and we can help.
You’ll still need to pay the balance owing for the trips you made by the due date.