If you've accidentally travelled on a toll road
If you travelled on a toll road without meaning to, don't worry. There are a number of options to pay for your toll road travel afterwards.
Options to cover your travel
Buy a pass
- Cover past CityLink trips by up to 5 days
- Cover past EastLink trips by up to 3 days (with our Visitor's Pass)
Open an account
- Cover past CityLink trips by up to 9 days by opening an account
Even if you don’t travel on toll roads frequently, a Linkt account is a convenient way to cover future travel on all Australian toll roads.
Pay for a toll invoice
- If you've made a trip on a toll road without a pass or account, we'll send you a toll invoice in the mail, which comes with additional admin fees
- It's important to pay for a toll invoice before the due date to avoid further fees or infringement notices.
Learn more about overdue and unpaid toll invoices.
Search for unpaid toll invoices
- You can search for unpaid toll invoices linked to your vehicle
- To do this, you'll need your vehicle licence plate number and state of registration. It may take up to 10 days after travelling on a toll road for the invoice to appear online.
Transfer a toll invoice to an existing Linkt account
- You can transfer a toll invoice to your Linkt account and pay with your preferred payment method
Find out what to do if you're issued a toll invoice but weren't driving.