Can cyclists travel on toll roads?
Cyclists are allowed on some Australian toll roads, such as the Hills M2. Others provide cyclists and pedestrians with a shared path that runs alongside the toll road.
If you wish to ride your bicycle on a toll road that allows it, we recommend the following safety tips:
- Wear high visibility clothing with reflective fabric
- Travel with your lights on during the day and night to increase your visibility
- Cross traffic lanes only at the designated crossing points
- Stay within the breakdown lanes
- When riding with others, ride in single file, not abreast
- Do not use headphones while cycling
- Always wear an approved bicycle safety helmet