Terms and conditions – Queensland promotional giveaway to 2 millionth account – 1 year of toll road travel ($2,500)
Last updated: 21 June 2021
Prizes and draw
- Linkt is a service operated in Brisbane by Queensland Motorways Management Pty Ltd (ABN 86 010 630 921) (Linkt).
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- The promoter is Queensland Motorways Management Pty Ltd (ABN 86 010 630 921) of Level 39, 300 George Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, telephone number 07 3323 0000 (the Promoter).
Back to top
- Entry is open to all Queensland residents aged 18 years and over who:
- open a new a prepaid Linkt Brisbane Tag or Tagless account (Linkt Prepaid Account);
- are the primary contact listed on the Linkt Prepaid Account.
- The following persons are ineligible to participate:
- any existing prepaid Linkt Tag or Tagless account holders (Linkt Prepaid Account);
- any Linkt Commercial account holders or any Road Pass holders, including any person without a Linkt Prepaid Account, solely using the LinktGO app to pay for their travel;
- any secondary contacts or other persons associated with the relevant Linkt Prepaid Account;
- directors, management and employees (and their respective Immediate Families) of the Promoter; and
- retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Promoter who are associated with this Promotion, and their directors, management and employees (and their respective Immediate Families).
Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
Back to top
- To enter, the customer must meet the above eligibility criteria. The giveaway is a game of chance, and no other entry mechanics are required.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, the Promotor’s website or the Linkt Mobile App. Any costs associated with accessing the Internet, downloading data on a mobile device, or using any device to access and use the Promotor’s website or the Linkt Mobile App is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
Back to top
Prizes and draw
- There is a maximum of one prize (Prize) to be won during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize is Linkt toll credit for use on Transurban operated roads valued at $2,500 AUD approximately 1 year of free toll road travel, which will be delivered to the winner in accordance with paragraph 17. The total Prize pool is $2,500 AUD.
- The Prize will be awarded to the customer that opens the two millionth Linkt Brisbane consumer Prepaid Account and meets the eligibility criteria.
- Limit applies of one (1) Prize per person and per Linkt Prepaid account. Persons who register multiple Linkt Prepaid accounts using multiple addresses or aliases may be disqualified. The Prize applies only once to the Linkt Prepaid Account, even if two or more persons share that account.
- The winner will be notified by phone via the telephone number registered on the Linkt Prepaid account of the winner, or if no phone number is registered, by email via the email address registered on the Linkt Prepaid account of the winner, within 10 working days of opening their account. The Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 10 working days of being notified that he or she is a winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
- Where a winner selected has claimed the Prize in accordance with paragraph 12, that Prize winner’s name will be published at https://www.linkt.com.au//legal/promotions/qld-2-million-customer-giveaway-terms-conditionsl on or before 9 July 2021, and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days. The winner’s name and photograph may be used by the Promoter, to promote the giveaway to staff.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the Prize winner.
- In the event that any Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by 30 June 2021, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or a the Prize is unclaimed by the winner for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 12 above, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter will determine a second chance winner for the Prize, in the same manner as the original Prize draw, based on the next eligible customer to open an applicable account (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- The second chance winner will be notified by phone via the telephone number registered on the Linkt Prepaid account of the winner, or if no phone number is registered, by email via the email address registered on the Linkt Prepaid account of the second chance winner, within 10 working days of opening their account. The second chance Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 10 working days of being notified that he or she is a second chance winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
- Where a second chance winner selected has claimed the Prize in accordance with paragraph 16, that Prize winner’s name will be published at https://www.linkt.com.au//legal/promotions/qld-2-million-customer-giveaway-terms-conditionsl on or before 9 July 2021, and will remain published for a minimum of 28 days. The second chance winner’s name and photograph may be used for internal use only by the Promoter, to promote the giveaway to staff.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the second chance Prize winners.
- In the event that a second chance Prize winners cannot be identified or contacted by 30 June 2021 despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or the Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the second chance winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the second chance winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 16 above, the second chance winner or the second chance winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- The Prize will be delivered directly to the winner’s Linkt Prepaid Account within 10 working days of the winner accepting the prize. If the winner closes his or her Linkt Prepaid Account or ceases to meet the entry requirements set out in paragraph 4 above after the winner’s are drawn but before the Prize is credited, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner. No cash will be awarded in lieu of the Prize in whole or in part. Any portion of the Prize that is delivered to the winner’s Linkt Prepaid Account and which has not been used by a winner by the time a winner closes his or her Linkt Prepaid Account will also be forfeited by the winner and any forfeited part of the Prize will not be redeemable for cash.
Back to top
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize, or an element of that Prize, another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (in its sole and absolute discretion).
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
The decision of the Promoter is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into.
- any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications; or
- any Internet traffic congestion or problems with, or technical malfunction of, any hardware or software, including but not limited to any damage to the hardware or software of any entrant or other persons related to participation in the Promotion.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of the Promotion, or prevent the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner;
- participation in the Promotion or any component of the Prize by an entrant or a winner;
- the conduct, act or omission of any service provider or prize supplier associated with the Promotion; or
- cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from any entrant or winner relevant to entry into or participation in the Promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the Promotion.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome. Entrants also consent to the publication of their names in accordance with paragraphs 13 and 17 above, in the event they are the winner of a Prize.
- The agreement which comes into force under these Terms and Conditions is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in Queensland, and the Promoter and any consumer who participates in the Promotion submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, and the performance or subject matter of the promotion.
Back to top