Terms and conditions
“Queensland it’s your shot to win” Linkt Customer Competition to win a year’s worth of Linkt road toll credit, 10 x annual theme park family passes and 30 x $50 toll credits (total Prize pool $10,080AUD) (Promotion)
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering this promotion, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410 of Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, 03 8656 8900, operating under the brand Linkt (Promoter). Linkt is a trade mark of Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410.
3. Entry is open to residents of Queensland, Australia aged 18 years and over who:
a) are the primary or secondary account holder of an active consumer Linkt Tag or Tagless Account (being a Prepaid Account, Access Account, Everyday Account, Taxi Driver Account, Everyday PAYG Account) or who are a LinktGO customer;
b) are 'opted-in' to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter at the time the competition is drawn at 1PM AEST on 8 December 2021; and
c) are fully vaccinated under the Government’s national COVID-19 vaccination program, meaning they have received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by the time the competition is drawn at 1PM AEST on 8 December 2021.
Vaccination must be undertaken on the advice of a health practitioner.
Winners must be able to provide proof of their vaccination status by either showing their COVID-19 vaccination certificate or their immunisation history statement on their Medicare online account through myGov or via the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. This validation will be conducted via Webex video meeting by an authorised employee of the Promoter when winners are contacted in accordance with clause 17 below.
Entrants must not provide any documentation relating to their vaccination at the time of entry.
4. The following persons are ineligible to participate:
a) Linkt Commercial Account holders, Pass holders, Taxi Owner Account holders, Linkt Commercial Rental Account, Motor Trader Account holders;
b) Directors and management of the Promoter
c) officers, employees and contingent workers of the Promoter, Queensland Motorways Management Pty Limited (ACN 010 630 921), Queensland Motorways Services Pty Limited (ACN 165 422 202) and the WestConnex Group; and
d) retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Promoter who are associated with this Promotion, and their directors, management and employees.
“WestConnex Group” means (a) WCX AHT Pty Ltd (as trustee of the WCX Asset Hold Trust) and WCX PHT Pty Ltd (as trustee of the WCX Project Hold Trust) (together the WCX Entities); (b) each company in which the WCX Entities, whether individually or collectively, own (directly or indirectly) 50% or more of the voting shares; and (c) each company which is for the purposes of section 50AA of the Corporations Act 2001 under the “control” of the WCX Entities, whether individually or collectively.
5. The Promotion commences on Monday 8 November 2021 at 5:00PM AEST and concludes on Sunday 5 December 2021 at 11:59PM AEST (Promotion Period).
6. To enter, an eligible customer must, during the Promotion Period, enter online at www.linkt.com.au/qldshottowin/brisbane and provide:
a) first name
b) last name
c) residential address (to be eligible to win a Prize, entrants must reside in Queensland)
d) mobile number
e) email address
f) Linkt account number
g) consent to 'opt-in' (or confirmation they have provided consent to ‘opt-in’) to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter
h) confirmation they will be able to provide proof of full vaccination under the Government’s national COVID-19 vaccination program at the time the competition is drawn on 8 December 2021.
i) confirmation that they will be able to provide proof that they reside in Queensland at the time the competition is drawn on 8 December 2021.
7. Customers can opt out of receiving marketing and promotional communications at any time, but if they opt out before the competition is drawn on Wednesday 8 December, they will no longer be eligible to receive a Prize.
8. An eligible customer can only enter the competition once.
9. An entry must be received by the Promoter by the end of the Promotion Period, or it will not be accepted.
10. The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, the Promotor’s website. Any costs associated with accessing the Internet, downloading data on a mobile device, or using any device to access and use the Promotor’s website is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
Prizes and draw
11. There is a maximum of 41 prizes (each a Prize) to be won during the Promotion Period. The total Prize pool is $10,080AUD.
12. The total number of competition winners in this promotion is 41.
13. The Prizes on offer are:
a) First prize: Linkt toll road credit valued at $5,200AUD.
b) Second prize: 10 x Locals Village Roadshow Family Pass (valued at $676AUD each). The Pass provides unlimited entry for a family of 4 for one year into Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild and Paradise Country, valid one year from the date of first visit. The pass is only valid for residents of Queensland. Must be first used within 12 months from the 3 November 2021.
c) Third prize: 30 Linkt toll credits valued at $50AUD each.
14. A draw will take place at 1PM AEST Wednesday 8 December 2021 (the Draw Date) at Transurban Limited, Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
15. On the Draw Date, the winners will be randomly drawn by an electronic draw process from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The first valid entry drawn will win the major prize of a Linkt toll credit valued at $5,200AUD. The next 10 valid entries will win one Locals Village Roadshow Family Pass (valued at $676AUD each). The next 30 valid entries drawn will win a Linkt toll credit valued at $50AUD each. The first 41 valid entries drawn will win a Prize.
16. Limit applies of one Prize per person and per Linkt account. Persons who register multiple Linkt accounts using multiple addresses or aliases may be disqualified. The Prize applies only once to each Linkt account, even if two or more persons share that account.
17. Each winner will be notified by email via the email address provided, on or before Friday 10 December 2021. Winners must show a valid driver’s licence or utility bill or any other government-issued identification to prove they are a resident of Queensland. Winners must also show proof of their vaccination status by either showing their COVID-19 vaccination certificate or their immunisation history statement on their Medicare online account through myGov or via the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. This validation of residential address and vaccination status will be conducted via Webex video meeting by an authorised employee of the Promoter. The Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 5 working days of being notified that he or she is a winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
18. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the Prize winners.
19. In the event that a Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted on or before 5:00PM AEST on Friday 17 December 2021, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or a Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 17 above, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter will conduct a second chance draw on Monday 17 January 2022 (the Second Chance Draw), at the same time and location as the first draw, in order to determine a second chance Prize winner in the same manner as the original Prize draw (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
20. Each second chance Prize winner will be notified by email via the email address provided, on or before Friday 21 January 2022. Winners must show a valid driver’s licence or utility bill or any other government-issued identification to prove they are a resident of Queensland. Winners must also provide proof of their vaccination status by either showing their COVID-19 vaccination certificate or their immunisation history statement on their Medicare online account through myGov or via the Express Plus Medicare mobile app. This validation of residential address and vaccination status will be conducted via Webex video meeting by an authorised employee of the Promoter when winners are contacted in accordance with this clause.
The second chance Prize winner must confirm whether he or she accepts the Prize within 5 working days of being notified that he or she is a second chance winner, or else he or she will be taken to have forfeited his or her right to the Prize.
21. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the second chance Prize winners.
22. In the event that a second chance Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted by before 5PM AEST on Tuesday 1 February 2022 despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter, or the Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the second chance winner has forfeited his or her right to the Prize, the second chance winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 20 above, the second chance winner or the second chance winning entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise), the Promoter may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
23. The first and third Prizes will be delivered by applying the toll credit directly to a winner's Linkt account within 1 month of the Draw, unless otherwise agreed. The Linkt toll credits do not expire. If a winner closes his or her Linkt account or ceases to meet the entry requirements set out in paragraph 3 above after entering the Promotion and before the Prize is drawn on 8 December 2021, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize. Any credit which is delivered as part of the Prize and which has not been used by a winner by the time a winner closes his or her Linkt account will also be forfeited by the winner and any forfeited credit will not be redeemable for cash. The winners of the second Prize, the Locals Village Roadshow Family Pass, will receive an email from the Promoter outlining the prize details within 2 weeks of validating their eligibility. The winner will then be required to email or call Village Roadshow Theme Parks to activate their annual theme park pass.
24. Prizes are not transferable (Linkt toll credits cannot be transferred to another account), exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize, or an element of that Prize, another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (in its sole and absolute discretion).
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
a) any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications; or
b) any Internet traffic congestion or problems with, or technical malfunction of, any hardware or software, including but not limited to any damage to the hardware or software of any entrant or other persons related to participation in the Promotion.
The decision of the Promoter is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into.
26. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, pandemic, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses, government directions or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of the Promotion, or prevent the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner; (f) participation in the Promotion or any component of the Prize by an entrant or a winner; (g) the conduct, act or omission of any service provider or prize supplier associated with the Promotion; or (h) cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address, vaccination status and any other information from any entrant or winner relevant to entry into or participation in the Promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering, or tampering with the Promotion.
29. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, postcode, state of residence, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media or marketing promotion for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome).
31. In the event an entrant or a winner disputes the conduct of the promotion (including the Promoter’s decision on whether the eligibility criteria has been met) or the claiming of a Prize, the entrant or winner must provide written notice to the Promoter of their dispute, including reasons for the dispute, by submitting an enquiry form at https://www.linkt.com.au/contact-us/email-enquiry/. Upon receipt of such written notice, the Promoter will respond in writing via email within 7 business days of receipt setting out the reasons for its decision.
32. The agreement which comes into force under these Terms and Conditions is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in Queensland, and the Promoter and any consumer who participates in the Promotion submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, and the performance or subject matter of the Promotion.