Last updated on 23 October 2023
Prize(s) and draw
Terms and Conditions
- Name of promotional competition (Promotion)
Win 1,000 Rewards
The Promoter is Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410 of Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008, 03 8656 8900, operating under the brand Linkt (Promoter). Linkt is a trade mark of Transurban Limited ABN 96 098 143 410.
Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: TP/ 02708, ACT: TP23/ 02048, SA: T23/ 1588
- Promotion website
- Promotion Period
Starts: 12pm AEDT, Monday 23 October 2023
Ends: 5pm AEDT, Monday 4 December 2023
Back to top
- Eligibility requirements
- be 18 years old or over;
- be a resident of Australia;
- be the primary or secondary account holder of an active consumer Linkt Tag, Tagless, Prepaid or Postpaid Account;
- be 'opted-in' to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter at the time the competition ends on Monday 4 December 2023; and
- have viewed the offers in the ‘Rewards’ tab in the Linkt app between Monday 23 October 2023 and Monday 4 December 2023
- Ineligible to enter
The following persons are ineligible:
- LinktGO customers;
- Linkt Commercial Account holders or Linkt Commercial Rental Account holders;
- Pass holders;
- directors and management of the Promoter;
- officers, employees and contingent workers of the Promoter, Queensland Motorways Management Pty Ltd and Sydney Motorway Corporation Pty Ltd; and/or
- retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Promoter who are associated with this Promotion, and their directors, management and employees.
Back to top
- How to enter
To enter, an eligible individual must, during the Promotion Period:
- log in to their Linkt consumer account using the Linkt app;
- navigate to view the offers in the ‘Rewards’ tab in the Linkt app; and
- enter online at www.linkt.com.au/winrewards and provide:
- first name
- last name
- mobile number
- email address
- Linkt account number
- consent to 'opt in' to receive marketing and promotional communications from the Promoter
- confirmation they have viewed the offers in the ‘Rewards’ tab in the Linkt app between Monday 23 October 2023 and Monday 4 December 2023.
- Limit on number of entries
An eligible customer can only enter the competition draw once. Where eligible customers share an account, each eligible customer may enter separately but only one Prize will be awarded per Linkt account.
Back to top
Prize(s) and draw
There is a maximum of 1,008 (each a Prize) for a total prize pool value of $26,745 consisting of:
- First Prize: 3 x $1,000 bank deposit
- Second Prize: 5 x $99 Europcar e-voucher
- Third Prize: 50 x $65 Star Car Wash voucher
- Fourth Prize: 200 x $25 Shell Coles Express Gift Card
- Fifth Prize: 750 x $20 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard
- Prize draw details
- A draw will take place at 12PM AEDT, Monday 11 December 2023 (the Draw Date) at Transurban Limited, Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
- On the Draw Date, the winners will be randomly drawn by an electronic draw process from all entries received during the Promotion Period. The first 1,008 valid entries drawn will win a Prize.
- An independent scrutineer will be present to supervise the draw and will not be associated with the Promoter or otherwise involved in the conduct of the Promotion.
- How winners will be notified
- Each First Prize winner will be notified by phone call and then emailed using the phone number and email address provided on the entry form.
- Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Prize winners will be notified by email using the email address provided on the entry form.
- Prize winners will be notified on or before Monday 18 December 2023.
- Winner notification website for publication of winner details
Each First Prize winner’s initial of their first name, surname and postcode will be published at www.linkt.com.au/winrewards by Monday 8 January 2024 for a minimum of 28 days.
- Second chance prize draw
- If required, a second chance prize draw will take place at 12pm AEDT on Monday 12 February 2024 at Transurban Limited, Tower Five, Collins Square, 727 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008.
- Each second chance Prize winner will be notified by email using the email address provided on the entry form.
- In addition, any second chance First Prize winners will be notified by phone call using the phone number provided on the entry form.
- Prize winners will be notified on or before Monday 19 February 2024.
- Prize delivery
- The Promoter has engaged Handling Matters Pty Ltd (ABN 20 098 648 616) (Handling Matters) to assist in prize fulfilment for this Promotion.
First Prize: First Prize winners will receive their Prize via bank transfer to their nominated Australian bank account within 30 working days of providing their bank account details to an authorised representative of the Promoter (see Prize-specific terms below).
Second Prize: Second Prize winners will receive their Prize via email within 30 working days of the Draw Date. The email will include a Europcar e-voucher for $99.
Third Prize: Third Prize winners will receive their Prize via email within 30 working days of the Draw Date. The email will include a Star Car Wash voucher for $65.
Fourth Prize: Fourth Prize winners will receive an email prompting them to check that the mailing address listed on their Linkt account is correct as the Fourth Prize can only be delivered via mail. Fourth Prize winners will receive their Prize via post to the address listed on their Linkt account within 6 weeks of the Draw Date. Delivery times may vary depending on location and postage services over the Christmas period and public holidays.
Fifth Prize: Fifth Prize winners will receive their Prize via email within 30 working days of the Draw Date. The email will include an activation code to redeem their $20 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard.
- Prize-specific terms
- First Prize
Before the bank transfer is made, each First Prize winner must:
- Attend a validation video call with an authorised representative of the Promoter (being an employee of Handling Matters) and show a form of valid photo identification that includes their full name and address, so it can be matched to the details on their Linkt account to verify their identity. In the case that that the First Prize winner cannot verify their identity, they will forfeit their right to the Prize; and
- On the validation video call, provide their nominated Australian bank account details (account name, BSB and account number) to the authorised representative of the Promoter.
The First Prize will only be deposited into one bank account. Each First Prize winner is solely responsible for ensuring their nominated bank account details are correct.
The deposit may take up to 30 business days from the date the bank details are provided.
- Second Prize
Second Prize winners will receive their Prize via email from the Promoter. The email will include a Europcar e-voucher for $99. To redeem, the Second Prize winner must enter their unique coupon code located on their e-voucher at the final stage of booking to apply their discount. Bookings must be made online and the coupon code must be applied at time of reservation. Valid for one transaction only and can only be redeemed once. Minimum rental period of two (2) consecutive days applies with a maximum of a $99 discount (1 coupon code) off the base rate. Rental days are based on a 24 hour period. If the e-voucher is not used before the expiry date of 31 December 2024 or is misplaced, the remaining amount will be forfeited. The e-voucher can not be combined with any other offer, discount, promotion or special offer. It is not applicable on contract, tour operator, wholesale, free of charge (FOC), government or insurance replacement rentals. It is subject to vehicle availability at all times. Europcar standard age, credit card and driver requirements apply. An online reservation restriction of at least four hours prior to vehicle pick up applies. For more information refer to the Terms and Conditions of Rental at https://www.europcar.com.au/terms-and-conditions/australia
- Third Prize
Third Prize winners will receive their Prize via email from the Promoter. The email will include a Star Car Wash voucher for $65. To redeem, the Third Prize winner can either print out the voucher or display it on their phone to Star Car Wash store staff or they can redeem it online by inputting their unique code. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the time of the Draw Date. The voucher can be used at any Star Car Wash location. Star Car Wash reserve the right to advise that heavily soiled vehicles, dog hair, tar and bug removal may attract additional charges for online bookings. Winners can book online at https://sysweb.starcarwash.com.au/booking or visit their closest Star Car Wash centre. More information can be found at https://www.starcarwash.com.au/faqs/
- Fourth Prize
- Fifth Prize
Fifth Prize winners will be sent an email from the Promoter with an activation code and instructions on how to access their Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard. The winner downloads and opens the Vault Payment Solutions app, enters their mobile number and the activation code (contained in email). The winner then adds the Mastercard to their mobile wallet. Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercards can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included and the winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to download and activate the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard – no physical gift card will be provided. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and is valid for 12 months after activation. At expiry of the Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard any unused balance will be forfeited, no notice will be provided prior to expiry. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard. Mastercard and the circles design are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. To read the full terms and conditions, visit https://www.vaultps.com.au/terms-conditions/
- Collection notice
Details from entries will be collected and used for the purpose of conducting the Promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties, including local lottery authorities, for the purpose of processing and conducting the Promotion), for promotional purposes surrounding the Promotion, and as otherwise set out in the Terms. In the case of Fourth Prize winners, address details from their Linkt account will be used for the purpose of prize fulfilment in conducting the Promotion.
Details of Prize winners will be disclosed by the Promoter to Handling Matters for the purpose of prize fulfilment:
- First Prize winners’ first name, last name, email address and mobile number;
- Second, Third and Fifth Prize winners’ first name, last name and email address;
- Fourth Prize winners’ first name, last name, email address and mailing address listed on their Linkt account.
By entering the Promotion entrants, acknowledge that they have read and understood how their information will be used and disclosed by the Promoter and that this use and disclosure will be without any further reference or payment to the entrants.
- Governing law
The agreement which comes into force under these Terms is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in Victoria, and the Promoter and any consumer who participates in the Promotion submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State in respect of all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms, and the performance or subject matter of the Promotion.
Back to top
Terms and Conditions
- The above Particulars and information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms and conditions (Terms). By entering this Promotion, entrants accept these Terms. Entries must comply with these Terms to be valid.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all persons who:
- meet the eligibility requirements set out in item 6 of the Particulars;
- are not ineligible for any of the reasons set out in item 7 of the Particulars.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of identity, residential address and any other information from any entrant or winner relevant to entry into, or participation in, the Promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final.
How to enter
- Details on how to enter are set out in item 8 of the Particulars. The number of permitted entries is set out in in item 9.
- An entry must be received by the Promoter by the end of the Promotion Period or it will not be accepted. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility should a person not have the software, hardware or mobile plan that permits access to, and use of, the method of entry. Any costs associated with accessing the internet, downloading data on a mobile device, or using any device to access and use the method of entry is the sole responsibility of the entrant and is dependent on the Internet/mobile service provider used.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for:
- any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications; or
- any internet traffic congestion or problems with, or technical malfunction of, any hardware or software, including but not limited to any damage to the hardware or software of any entrant or other persons related to participation in the Promotion.
- Entrants must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion;
- use multiple aliases, email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses and/or SIM cards to register multiple qualifying accounts or use any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) except where expressly permitted in these Terms; and
- engage in conduct in entering the Promotion which, in the opinion of Promoter, is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who breaches these Terms, including but not limited to providing false information, failing to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the Promotion.
- Entries remain the property of the Promoter.
- The prize draw will take place as set out in item 11 of the Particulars.
- Limit applies of one Prize per person and per Linkt account, even if two or more persons share that account.
- Each Prize winner will be notified as set out in item 12 of the Particulars. If a Prize winner does not accept their Prize, they must confirm this in writing to the email address listed in the prize notification email. This must be done within 14 days of being notified that they are a winner.
- Subject to applicable law, in the event that:
- a Prize winner cannot be identified or contacted on or before 5pm AEDT Thursday 4 January 2024, despite all reasonable attempts to do so by the Promoter; or
- a Prize is unclaimed by that time for any other reason whatsoever (including because the winner has forfeited their right to the Prize, the winner does not accept and claim the Prize in accordance with paragraph 13, the winner or the winning entry does not comply with these Terms, or otherwise),
the Promoter will conduct a second chance draw on the date and at the place specified in item 14 of the Particulars in order to determine a second chance winner for each unclaimed Prize. The second chance prize draw will be conducted in the same manner as the original Prize draw (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- Each second chance winner will be notified as set out in item 14 of the Particulars. If a second chance Prize winner does not accept their Prize, they must confirm this in writing to the email address listed in the prize notification email. This must be done within 14 days of being notified that they are a winner.
- Prize winners’ details will be published as set out in item 13 of the Particulars.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome).
- The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to identify and contact all Prize winners.
- If after a second chance draw any Prize remains unclaimed for any reason, the Promoter may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit (subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority).
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding; no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize details are set in item 11.
- If a winner ceases to meet the eligibility requirements set out in paragraph 2 above after entering the Promotion and before the Prize is delivered, the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, prize values are:
- in Australian dollars; and
- based on the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between the time of first publication of these Terms and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize, or an element of that Prize, another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter (in its sole and absolute discretion).
- Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- Prizes are subject to the prize-specific terms and conditions set out in item 16 of the Particulars.
Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) will not be responsible for any acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared), state of emergency, disaster, technical failures, security breaches, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, computer viruses or other events beyond the Promoter’s control which affect the proper or reasonably anticipated conduct or administration of the Promotion, or prevent the awarding of the Prize in accordance with these Terms. If such an event occurs, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies the statutory consumer guarantees provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to where such injury, loss or damage arises out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant or a winner; (f) participation in the Promotion or any component of the Prize by an entrant or a winner; (g) the conduct, act or omission of any service provider or prize supplier associated with the Promotion; or (h) cancellation or postponement of any portion of the Prize for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
Back to top