How tolling works

At Linkt, we want to make toll road travel as simple as possible. Whether you’re a local, new to the city or perhaps having difficulty paying for tolls, watch these videos to find out more about our toll roads and how to pay for your trips.

This video content is also available in the following languages:

What is tolling?

A toll road, indicated by blue and orange road signs in Victoria, blue and yellow signs in Queensland and blue and white signs in New South Wales, is a road that you must pay to drive on. Instead of paying at a toll booth, your vehicle will be detected and charged electronically. Watch this video to find out more about Australian toll roads and how to pay for your trips.

Back to top

Why did I receive a toll invoice or notice?

A toll invoice or notice is a bill for unpaid travel on a toll road. In this video, you’ll learn about why you might receive one and how to avoid it. If you’re experiencing financial difficulty and are having trouble paying for a toll invoice or notice, the Linkt Assist team may be able to help. Watch more.

Back to top

What account or pass should I get?

When you travel on a toll road operated by Linkt, you can pay for it with an account or a short-term pass. Knowing which is right for you can save you money, and help you to avoid toll invoices or notices. Find out more about which Linkt account or pass is right for you.

Back to top

How to get help with Linkt Assist

If you’re finding it difficult to pay for your tolls because of financial or social challenges, the Linkt Assist team may be able to help. Get in touch as soon as you can to access confidential support which is tailored to your needs. Learn more.

Back to top

Helping clients with tolling debt

If you think your client has tolling debt, the Linkt Assist team can help. Discover how we can support you to support them, or get in touch today on 1300 110 129 or

Back to top

What to do if you’re experiencing financial difficulty

If you’re experiencing financial difficulty, Linkt Assist may be able to help. Call 1300 767 865 between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday AEDT or email the Linkt Assist team to access confidential support. You can also ask a representative, such as a community welfare organisation, financial counsellor or lawyer, to contact us on your behalf. You can do this by downloading and filling out our Letter of Authorisation form.

Back to top