To support the Herald Sun / Transurban Run for the Kids event, a number of road closures will be in place on CityLink and other major roads this Sunday 7 April.
Bolte Bridge closed between Racecourse Road and the West Gate Freeway:
- Northbound from 6am to 12.30pm
- Southbound from 7am to 12.30pm (Dynon Road and Footscray Road accessible for CBD / local traffic only)
West Gate Freeway closures
The following closures will be in place starting from 6am to 12.30pm:
- No access to the Bolte Bridge from the West Gate Freeway
- Power Street exit from the Domain tunnel closed
- Kings Way and Montague Street exits from the West Gate Freeway eastbound closed
See below detour map for suggested detours. Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
For a full list of closures, visit the Run for the Kids website.
The Herald Sun / Transurban is in its 14th year and raises money for the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal. Since the first event in 2006, more than $17 million has been raised for the Appeal.