Your Linkt Tag, Tagless, or Commercial account, or Sydney Passcovers you for travel on all toll roads in Australia, including Queensland toll roads.

Queensland tolls are deducted from your account or pass as you travel.

If you travel on a Queensland toll road without an account or pass, you can pay for your travel by buying a pass within 5 days of your first trip. If you don't organise to pay within 5 days, a toll invoice with additional fees will be sent to the vehicle's registered owner.

Queensland toll roads

Queensland's toll roads form an 81km integrated network of tolled roads, bridges and tunnels that provides greater connectivity, efficiency and reliability across the greater Brisbane and Toowoomba areas. The network connects Brisbane's Bruce Highway, Pacific Motorway, Ipswich Motorway, Western Freeway and Toowoomba Bypass and helps you avoid city traffic congestion.

Queensland toll roads:

Need more help?

  • How do I add a car to my account after I've used a toll road?

    How do I add a car to my account after I've used a toll road?

    You can cover your trips on certain toll roads* even after you've travelled. Provided it's within 10 days of the date you travelled, add the car to your account and you'll be covered.

    When adding the car to your account, you'll have a choice to set a start and end date. The start date can be set up to 10 days prior to the date of your trip. If you travelled more than 10 days ago a toll invoice or notice will be sent to the car's registered owner.  

    To add a car to your account online or via the Linkt app follow these steps:

  • How tolling works

    How tolling works

    Toll roads are roads that you must pay to travel on.

    In Australia, all toll roads are electronically tolled. There are no cash tollbooths. How much you pay generally depends on how far along the road you travel and the class of vehicle you are driving.

    The most convenient and cost-effective way to pay for toll roads is to open a Tag account. For less regular travel, you can open a Tagless account.

    If you're a visitor to Sydney or only need to use toll roads for a short time, you can buy a Sydney Pass.

    If you've travelled on a Sydney toll road, and you don't have an account, you can pay for your tolls by buying a Sydney Pass within 5 days or opening a Tag account or Tagless account within 10 days of your first trip.

    After 10 days, you will be posted a toll notice, which will include additional administration fees.

    Learn more about tolling

    Watch these short videos to find out more about how tolling works and which Linkt product may be right for you.

  • I have an account but I received a toll invoice or notice

    I have an account but I received a toll invoice or notice

    You may have received a toll invoice or notice if:

    • you were driving a car that hasn't been added to your account
    • your account was suspended at the time of travel
    • your tag is faulty or incorrectly installed

    Your account may have been suspended if:

    • you didn't made a payment by the due date
    • an auto payment failed

    To avoid toll invoices or notices, make sure your account is always topped up and active. If your account balance is low, your tag will beep 3 times as it passes through a toll point. You can check or update your payment details by logging in to your account. If you have difficulty hearing the sounds your tags makes, you can still use a tag. We can send you notifications that give you the same information as a tag beep.

    If you have a Commercial account, make sure you pay your monthly statement by the due date to avoid having your account suspended.

    Learn more

    A toll invoice or notice is a bill for unpaid travel on a toll road. In this video, you’ll learn about why you might receive one and how to avoid it.

  • Using rental vehicles on toll roads

    Using rental vehicles on toll roads

    There are various payment options rental agencies can use to pass toll road charges on to their customers. Please check with your rental agency first about how to pay for planned or unplanned toll road travel.

    Rental agency with a tolling arrangement

    Often your rental vehicle will already be linked to a toll account managed by your rental agency. If your rental agency already has an existing tolling account, it could override any toll payment arrangement you make with us, and may result in unexpected charges being applied by your rental agency. Please check with you rental agency first about how to pay for toll road travel.

    The rental agencies listed below have an existing arrangement with us to use the Linkt Rental Account for your toll road travel in your rental vehicle. You don’t need to do anything, this tolling arrangement will automatically be set up for you. Find out more about the Linkt Rental Account.

    • Apex
    • Avis
    • Budget
    • Europcar
    • Thrifty

    If you want to use your own tolling arrangement, the only reliable way to do this is to bring your own tag in the rental vehicle and install it correctly before you travel. Ask your rental agency to remove any existing tag in the vehicle that isn’t yours.

    Rental agency without a tolling arrangement

    If your rental agency doesn’t have an existing tolling arrangement, you may be able to use your personal Linkt account or pass to cover toll road travel in your rental vehicle.

    You can do this by adding your rental vehicle’s licence plate number (LPN) to your existing Linkt account or pass before you travel, or by installing your tag correctly in the rental vehicle.

    Just remember to remove the rental vehicle’s LPN from your Linkt account or pass when you return it back to the rental agency to avoid toll road charges that aren’t yours.

  • How are trailers or caravans tolled?

    How are trailers or caravans tolled?

    The cost of your trip depends on your vehicle class and the distance you travel. Towing a trailer or caravan may change your vehicle’s class and therefore increase the cost of your toll road trips.

    If you have a registered trailer or caravan with its own licence plate, we recommend you add this to your account:

    1. Log in to your account  and go to the Vehicles section
    2. Select Add another vehicle
    3. Select Other as the make and model, and Car as the class
    4. Manually type in the make and model of your caravan
    5. Click Add vehicle to save

    Adding your licence plate will help you avoid a toll invoice or notice with additional fees.

  • Can I use my tag on other toll roads?

    Can I use my tag on other toll roads?

    You can use your Linkt tag on any toll road in Australia.