I want to top up my account

I recently travelled, or plan to travel

I received a toll notice

With a range of payment methods, you can also pay:

Dollar sign

Online without logging in
Express top-up

Location pin

With cash
Find a location

BPAY logo

Check your statement or invoice for details

Want a simple way to pay? Try the Linkt app
Do things like view your trips, top up your account, manage your payment method and update your vehicles all from the palm of your hand.

Download on the App StoreDownload on the Google Play Store

Hand holding a phone app with the words top up on screen

Need more help?

  • I travelled on a toll road, how do I pay?

    I travelled on a toll road, how do I pay?

    You can buy a Sydney Pass or open an account after you've travelled, but there are time limits for doing so.

    For the Sydney Pass, you have 3 days after your first trip to buy a pass.

    For Tag and Tagless accounts, you have 7 days after your first trip* to open an account.

    If you don't cover your travel in these time frames, a toll notice with payment instructions will be sent to the vehicle's registered owner.

    *In NSW you can backdate your Tag, Tagless or Commercial account up to 7 days to cover travel on Eastern Distributor, Hills M2, Lane Cove Tunnel and Westlink M7. If you’ve travelled on Cross City Tunnel, Sydney Harbour Bridge & Tunnel, WestConnex M4, or M5 South-West Motorway backdating is not available.
    Other states: Backdating is available for all QLD toll roads and Citylink in Victoria. Backdating is not available for Eastlink in Victoria.

  • How do I add a car to my account after I've used a toll road?

    How do I add a car to my account after I've used a toll road?

    You can cover your trips on certain toll roads* even after you've travelled. Provided it's within 7 days of the date you travelled, add the car to your account and you'll be covered.

    When adding the car to your account, you'll have a choice to set a start and end date. The start date can be set up to 7 days prior to the date of your trip. If you travelled more than 7 days ago a toll invoice or notice will be sent to the car's registered owner.  

    To add a car to your account online or via the Linkt app follow these steps:

  • How do I transfer a toll invoice or notice to my account?

    How do I transfer a toll invoice or notice to my account?

    You can use your Linkt account balance to pay a toll invoice or notice provided you have sufficient funds in your account. 

    If your account balance is lower than the value of your invoice or notice, you'll need to top up your account before you complete the transfer.

    To transfer, log in to your account and select Pay a toll invoice or demand notice from the menu. Follow the prompts to transfer to your account.

    You'll be provided with a receipt, which you can choose to print or have emailed to you.

    Driving in Sydney?

    If you've been issued a toll notice from the M5 South-West Motorway, call them directly on 1300 555 833 to transfer any toll notices. You'll need to provide your Linkt account number and licence plate number.

    Toll notices issued for travel on the Sydney Harbour Bridge or Sydney Harbour Tunnel can't be transferred. To pay, call RMS on 13 18 65 during business hours (7am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 12.00pm Saturday, closed public holidays).

  • How can I save on toll notice fees?

    How can I save on toll notice fees?

    If you've travelled on a Sydney toll road without a valid tolling account or pass, you may inadvertently find yourself with a handful of toll notices to pay.

    If that's you, you can use your tolling account to pay your outstanding Sydney toll notices. We'll waive the admin fee when you transfer the toll notices to your account. You'll pay the lower transfer fee instead.

    The transfer fee will vary depending on the toll road you've used:

    For Westlink M7 you'll pay $1.90 to transfer a first notice (saving $8.10) or $2.90 for a follow-up notice (saving $17.10).

    For all other Sydney toll roads you'll pay $1.10 for a first notice (saving $8.90) or $2.20 for a follow-up notice (saving $17.80).

    Already have an account?

    1. Search for outstanding toll notices
    2. Select Charge these trips to my account and use your account number to complete the request

    Haven't got an account?

    1. Open a Tag or Tagless account
    2. Using your new account number, search for outstanding toll notices
    3. Select Charge these trips to my account and use your account number to complete the request

    You’ll need to ensure your account is setup to cover the cost of the tolls and transfer fee. If you have a Tag account, check that there are enough funds in your account. If you have a Tagless account your payment details must be up to date.

    This offer is only available for toll notices less than 2 years old. This offer does not apply if your unpaid toll notices have already been referred to a debt collection agency, or if the total amount of tolls and admin fees you owe exceeds $250, and/or you have more than 10 unpaid toll notices owing against your licence plate number on any one toll road.

  • Can I use my account on other toll roads?

    Can I use my account on other toll roads?

    In NSW

    If you already have an account with us, you can access all NSW toll roads.


    An account lets you travel on on any toll road in Australia, as long as you have a correctly installed and functioning tag. The cost of each trip will be charged directly to your account.

    Not sure which account or pass you'll need? Our product selector can help you choose.

  • I was driving a friend's car without a pass or account

    I was driving a friend's car without a pass or account

    If you're driving a friend's car, you can still buy a pass for your trips—you don't need to be the vehicle owner.

    You can buy a pass up to 3 days after you've travelled. A pass can be bought online, or in person at participating 7-Eleven, United Petroleum or newsagent outlets. Find a retailer.

    If you haven't managed to buy a pass within the time limit, the vehicle's owner will be issued with a toll notice. If you aren't the registered owner of the vehicle, you can still pay the toll notice online. All you need to do is enter the toll notice number and proceed through the payment process.

  • I’m having difficulty paying my tolls

    I’m having difficulty paying my tolls

    Sometimes life doesn’t go to plan. If you want to pay your tolls but can’t manage your payments right now, the Linkt Assist team can help.

    We recognise that many factors can contribute to financial or social challenges, and our confidential support is adapted to your changing needs. We can help you with more time to pay for your toll road travel, an ongoing payment plan or advising state enforcement groups and other toll road operators of your situation if necessary (with your consent). Our support will be tailored to your individual needs.

    Read more about how Linkt Assist can help or complete this form to get in touch directly with the team.