As part of the West Gate Tunnel Project works, detours will be in place on CityLink in the last weekend of November and over a weekend in early December.
- CityLink inbound will be closed between Dynon Road and Footscray Road at night.
- 8pm Friday 24 November – 10am Saturday 25 November
- 8pm Saturday 25 November – 10am Sunday 26 November
- 3pm Sunday 26 November – 5am Monday 27 November
- Then a section of CityLink will be closed in both directions between Dynon Road and Footscray Road from 10pm Friday 8 December to 5am Monday 11 December.
What do I need to do?
|Travelling northbound to Melbourne Airport between 8 – 11 December?
Take the West Gate Bridge and M80 Ring Road and follow signs to the airport.
Delays are expected around CityLink at Footscray Road, so plan your journey in advance
and check traffic conditions before you head out.
Why is this happening?
The West Gate Tunnel Project will be installing steel beams over CityLink as part of building new road connections between the west, the north and the city.
Crews will be lifting huge pieces of steel into place to form the base of the new road connection between CityLink and the elevated motorway above Footscray Road.
The new ramps, bridges and road space crews are building in this area will help drivers with more options and route choices for getting between the west, the north and the city.