About the LTRVTR
The Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate (LTRVTR) is a rebate for vehicles towing a boat trailer, large caravan or horse float.
A vehicle's class is determined by size and is detected electronically at toll points. In some cases, towing a caravan, boat trailer or horse float will change the class of your vehicle, which may affect the amount you are charged for using the toll road.
The LTRVTR brings the cost of tolls back to your original vehicle class when this happens. The LTRVTR means you will be charged for your original vehicle class, saving you any additional cost for towing on toll roads.
The rebate is available for all Sydney toll roads, except for the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Tunnel.
You can claim a maximum of 8 toll trip rebates per month. This 8-trip limit includes trips from other licence plate numbers and tags on your account.
Eligibility for the LTRVTR
You’re eligible for the LTRVTR rebate if you:
- Are registered for the rebate
- Are a NSW resident
- Have both the car and towed recreational vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
- Have travelled on a NSW toll road with a car, caravan, boat, or horse float combination detected as a Class B vehicle, and had a Class B toll charged to your toll account
- Have paid Class B tolls with your NSW issued electronic tag
- Have paid the toll in full
- Claim your rebate within 12 months after you receive your toll statement
The rebate scheme is not available for motorhome toll costs.
Register for the LTRVTR
- Log in to your account (or open an account, if you don’t have one yet)
- Select ‘Cashback and rebates’ from the menu
- Select ‘Register for LTRVTR’
- Enter your Linkt Account number and select “submit”
- After you’ve registered, Transport for NSW will assess whether you’re eligible to claim the LTRVTR
Once you’ve registered, you can submit a claim once per quarter.