If you received a toll notice and would like to dispute it (e.g. you believe the trip was paid for or that you have been incorrectly charged), you can lodge an objection. We will work with you to provide the best possible outcome.
You can dispute trips and charges online using our web form. Select 'Query or dispute trips and charges' from the drop-down menu. You will be asked to provide your contact details, your licence plate number, the state or territory in which your vehicle is registered, your Linkt account number if you have one, your travel date and details explaining the reason for the objection.
To lodge an objection by mail you must provide:
- a copy of the front of the toll notice or the following toll notice details:
- the toll notice number listed on the payment slip,
- your licence plate number,
- the state or territory in which your vehicle is registered,
- details explaining the reason for the objection.
Mail your objection to:
Locked Bag 5072
Parramatta NSW 2124
Lodge your objection as soon as possible to avoid additional fees incurred from the toll notice.
If you’re mailing your objection, make sure you leave at least 7 days before the toll notice due date so we receive your information before you start incurring additional fees.