Scams are becoming more common, and we can all play a part to protect ourselves and others.
Original article published 5 August 2022, updated 14 August 2023
We are aware of scam messages that are using the Linkt brand, targeting customers in an attempt to gain their personal information.
Our Cyber Security team is working with telecommunications providers to identify and block fraudulent phone numbers and URLs being used in these scam messages.
If you receive a message from someone claiming to be Linkt or Transurban that doesn’t seem quite right, follow the 3 simple steps. 1. Check your account. 2. Report it to Linkt and 3. Delete it.
Online scams are becoming more sophisticated, so it’s important to know what to look for to avoid being scammed.
Learn how to protect yourself:
- Go to the trusted source. Navigate securely to the Linkt app or website, instead of clicking on links or any attachments.
- Scam messaging may try and trick you, learn more about the various types of scams
- Understand the ways we’ll contact you
- Check out whether it really is from us to help you spot potential scam messages
- Review the latest scams and alerts such as SMS scams, email scams and phone scam
- Stay safe online by following our online safety tips
Got a suspicious message claiming to be from Linkt?
Report it online to help us track down and prevent future scams.
You can also report a scam message to the Federal Government’s Scamwatch website at scamwatch.gov.au, where you’ll find information about other scams reported across Australia.