Tags and taxi airport access
Taxis can access Melbourne Airport holding areas with an active Prepaid Account or Commercial Account and a working tag.
To access the airport taxi holding areas, you need to make sure:
- Your tag is correctly installed in your vehicle
- Your tag is working properly
- You have an active Linkt account (not available with Linkt passes)
Access airport areas with a tag
You need a tag to access taxi pick-up and drop-off areas at the airport. Make sure your tag is installed and working with our tag health check.
Order or replace a tag:
Keep your account active
If you have overdue payments, your account will be suspended. This means you won't be covered for toll road travel.
If you travel while your account is suspended, you'll receive a toll invoice for any trips you make during that time. Toll invoices include additional admin fees and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive in the mail.
To avoid a suspended account:
- Keep your payment details up to date and ensure your Prepaid Account has enough funds to cover your travel
- Pay your Commercial Account invoices on time
Reactivate a suspended account
To reactivate a suspended account: